Butternut Squash Carbonara with Creme Fraiche, Bacon and Sage
Our Autumn-inspired twist on a creamy classic.
You will need:
300g dried spaghetti or tagliettelli
1 pot of Well Seasoned Autumn Pesto - butternut squash & Worcestershire sage
Salt and Pepper
Sage to serve, finely sliced
1. Boil the pasta according to cooking instructions in a large pot of salted water.
2. Fry the lardons until just crisp, then set aside on some kitchen towel (reserving the excess fat in the frying pan).
3. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pot.
4. Stir through the Butternut Squash & Sage Pesto and keep over the heat for a minute or so to warm through. Add one dollop of crème fraiche per person, and the crispy bacon lardons.
5. Crisp up some of the chopped sage in the fat left by lardons, then toss over the pasta just before you serve.
Tip! For a tasty alternative, try this recipe with chopped chorizo – it’s equally delicious and even bolder in flavour!